Friday, August 3, 2012

          For all who are visiting this Blog for the first time – or returning after the busy summer – a hearty Welcome to you all!
          The hoped for purpose of this Blog is to share some thoughts, ideas, and experiences with the anticipation that they will bring some new insight and a new appreciation of this life we share together on this earth – and hopefully in the eternity yet to come.
          I began this Blog while visiting Lake Tahoe this past spring.  My purpose for being there was to preside at a memorial service for a young man who had died from a terrible bout with cancer, leaving a wife and two beautiful small children.  You can read about it in the April 2012 posting.
          So the title Tales, Trails and Trials was chosen to reflect the stories, travels and transformations in life.  And along the way, to find some Stepping Stones (see April 2012 postings) to guide us on the sometimes unsteady and torturous path of life’s journey.
          A quick review of what you will read here: the gift of Randolph’s life; also, the amazing story of Grant Korgan’s personal determination to overcome being paralyzed from the waist down; the ‘words’ spoken at two marriages I had the privilege to witness, and a couple of my super recipes right from the pages of Deacon Tom’s Cookbook; a look at my recent blood test results that my Doctor told me I should frame; a couple of homilies I presented this summer; and a few other ‘miscellaneous’ items of interest.
          Thank you for ‘dropping-bye’ I hope you will visit again soon!
Oremus pro invicem!
Tom 

No comments:

Post a Comment